21 January 2009

Oatmeal Bake

I just found this recipe online. I went ahead and made it. While I was making it I went ahead and tweaked it a little though. The cinnamon made me think of apples so I added two small granny smith apples as well. I definitely would be a great breakfast item, or something to snack on. It does require a fork though.

I love it and will add it to my recipe arsenal!

Oatmeal Bake
4 eggs
2 cups milk
1 cup canola oil (or can use applesauce or combo of)
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
6 cups oats
2 tsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 F. Combine all. Grease a 9 x 12" pan. Bake 30 min.

1 comment:

Liz Autry said...

AS I said in the post, I loved this but my kids did not, and not so much for my husband. Oh well, because I do not really like oatmeal as much as they do, and this makes it more tolerable for me. It looks as though I can quarter it, and that would be good for just me.