08 June 2009

garden pasta salad

For recipe #21, I made Stewie's peanut butter granola bars - my variation is in the comments on that post. Sadly for Adam, he didn't really like them because he doesn't like baked oatmeal or peanut butter in things. But that's good for me! I liked them and I'll make them again!

For #22, I made this garden pasta salad that I found on AllRecipes. The original recipe gives measurements for everything, which I did not follow. I just chopped up the veggies and threw them in - these are the approximate amounts that I used.
  • 1 box tri-color spiral pasta, cooked like usual
  • baby carrots, julienned
  • 2 stalks celery, chopped
  • 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
  • half of a cucumber, chopped in cubes (that seemed to be better than slices)
  • 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
  • a couple of full slices off an onion, chopped small
  • Parmesan cheese
  • motzarella cheese, cubed
  • Italian dressing - I used Kraft Tuscan house Italian dressing. We'd never had it before, and I liked it.
You don't cook the vegetables - just chop them and toss everything together with the cooled pasta. Yum! Especially when it's really hot outside.

I may hit #25 by the end of this week - definitely by the end of next week. Halfway to another 50! Go me!

No comments: