18 January 2010

Simple Sesame Noodles

Got this from The Pioneer Woman.

Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 10 Minutes Difficulty: Easy Servings: 8

Ingredients

* 12 ounces, fluid Thin Noodles, Cooked And Drained
* ¼ cups Soy Sauce
* 2 Tablespoons Sugar
* 4 cloves Garlic, Minced
* 2 Tablespoons Rice Vinegar
* 3 Tablespoons Pure Sesame Oil
* ½ teaspoons Hot Chili Oil
* 4 Tablespoons Canola Oil
* 2 Tablespoons Hot Water
* 4 whole Green Onions, Sliced Thin

Preparation Instructions

Whisk all ingredients (except noodles and green onions) together in a bowl. Taste and adjust ingredients as needed.
Pour sauce over warm noodles and toss to coat.
Sprinkle with green onions and toss.
Serve in a bowl with chopsticks. Yummy!

*****
This is very forgiving. I didn't have chili oil, so I used a few shakes of crushed red pepper flakes. It was too much heat for my daughter, but the husband and I both loved it. I also didn't have any fresh garlic (WHAT???) so I used garlic powder, no rice vinegar so I used red wine vinegar, and I didn't have any green onions so we were deprived of that. And I only had about 1-1/2 Tbs of sesame oil left in my bottle. It was still OH SO GOOD.

The other thing I did differently: She said to cook the noodles first and keep them warm, then do the sauce. What a PITB. I did the sauce while the noodles were cooking, and it was done well before the noodles were. I whisked it again after they were drained, then combined them. Yummy.

No comments: