22 January 2013

simple storage

Not being able to breastfeed means having a bajillion formula containers around the house.  They are perfect for storage, so I don't complain too much.  Tape a strip of paper around them and they are even decent looking.  I've used wrapping paper and scrapbook paper and both work great with a little bit of double-sided tape.  What can go inside of these things is absolutely endless - toys, food, sewing bits, etc.  I'm using one for my headbands and hair things. 



Headbands on the outside, everything else (ribbons, bows, flowers, clips, etc.) on the inside.  While I was organizing my hair stuff, I took a small canning jar and put all my ponytail holders around it (wouldn't work with little ones), and all my bobby pins inside of it.  Much happier with this than anything before. 

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Wow, great idea! HOW many of these things did I throw away?!?! I saw a similar idea for headband storage, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I also saw a BHG feature about using an old vase to coil belts inside; obviously, breakable won't work for little ones' rooms, but I think it would help my closet a lot!

Phipps Family said...

I love it :) Thanks for sharing.