17 October 2016

J is for jeans

I've been accumulating old jeans in a pile for YEARS with the intention of cutting them up and making a picnic blanket. I'm finally working on it.

It occurred to me that making a picnic blanket out of jeans as large as I want would be REALLY REALLY heavy, and possibly even damage my washing machine when putting it in the laundry. So Plan B is that I'm making 48x48 inch jeans quilts, and then I'll put them all next to each other. Voila! My 8-foot by 8-foot blanket, just in four pieces!

One down, 3 to go!


The back is an apple print on a navy blue background - it came from someone else's clean-out that ended up at my house. Very vintage-y, probably from the 80s. I have no idea, but certainly not current. It works for a picnic blanket.


It's a little wonky (bottom right corner) - obviously I need work on my squaring off, but this is only the 2nd time I've tried this. And who cares. It's a picnic blanket to sit on the ground.

close-up of the apple print

No comments: