08 January 2017

new recipes 2016

After completing my first 100 new recipes in 2015, I wasn't planning on doing another 100.  But I enjoy finding and trying new recipes so I kept track of things this year.  Early pregnancy sickness made a few months very unproductive in the kitchen, so I'm ending the year with 82 new recipes.  Instead of focusing so much on Pinterest and online recipes, I used a lot of our cookbooks - Jamie Oliver, Michael Smith, Rob Rainford, and a LOT from various Company's Coming books (especially Mostly Muffins and Mexican Made Easy).

I'm not going to share the whole list, because over a quarter of them came from non-online sources, and some of the others were not things I'd particularly want to make again.  So here are some of the highlights of my 2016 cooking adventures!  (All of which will be added to the recipe directory at the top of the page.)

Greek Yogurt Pizza Crust - two ingredients. My new go-to for pizza crust.
Avocado Lime Ice Cream
Apple Fritter Rings
Roasted Sweet Potatoes - a favorite way to enjoy sweet potatoes.
Spanakopita
Hot Lime Avocado - I use our toaster oven and chipotle hot sauce.
Macaroni Cups
Apple Pie Oatmeal Cookies - I made a gluten free version. Can also be carrot.
Beef and Broccoli Stir-fry
Tortillas - a little time consuming, so half batches for our small family.
Meatball Sliders - we've made this multiple times now.
Pork Pineapple Skewers
Spaghetti Carbonara
One Pot Taco Pasta
Pigs in a Blanket - Daddy's specialty.
Mini Lasagna Cups
Fried Rice
Crab Apple Sauce - many many batches of this are in our freezer.
Peach Blackberry Crisp - faster to make than the pie we used to do.
Zucchini Breadsticks - I was surprised by how yummy these were!
Cake Batter Truffles
Banana Coconut Muffins - really really yummy without being too sweet.
Spinach Souffle
Pumpkin Pie Granola - my own recipe!
Lasagna Roll-Ups - a great meal for the freezer and I can defrost smaller portions.
Pumpkin Souffle - YUM. Like crustless pumpkin pie.
Whole Wheat Pumpkin Muffins - one of the best pumpkin muffin recipes I've tried.
Pumpkin Molasses Cookies

No comments: